miércoles, 21 de septiembre de 2011

Defeat, you decide (EXTRA CREDIT)


Well, I hope it will not make the last entry in my blog, I really enjoy this project. It was a different experience; all I can do is thanking to you Miss Kelsey.
Defeat, it is a very common word in our society today. For me, the defeat means more than just losing. The defeat is a medium that helps us learn from our mistakes and so that they can be corrected and move on with our lives over time and without complication. I do not think there is one person in the world that has not had a direct confrontation with a defeat. We have all been defeated in something, however insignificant. The losses usually result in a loss but if we have a positive attitude we can win some of that defeat. I have been defeated many times, I'll tell some stories important to me. It was in 2004, we were in a football final in Futeca Z.14, were playing a good game, after having had a regular season all year. We arrived at these bodies for the good work of the whole team. I finish the game tied 4-4. Everyone was supporting your favorite team. Amid shouts and cheers penalty’s begins five to decide the champion of that season. We started winning, but the other team tied for every shot us getting into. Finally, I have the last penalty shoot. Many people say that the fifth penalty is the most difficult; I never take importance to that. I hit the ball with all my might, the ball crashed into one of the poles, bounced off another and eventually out of the frame. I failed the shot. The other team finally he scored the goal and the won the final, you could say my fault, but nobody wanted to blame everyone. It was disappointing as the failure of this shot. It was a big defeat because we lose the championship. Our coach after the coach made ​​us practice penalty’s, and spoke words that to this day I carry in my mind: "Never in the history of football has been a team that has not known defeat, but if teams learn from them ". Always in the competitions will be a winner and a loser.
 was about to have died in some kind of accident. I do not give in to sleep at that time. I remember it was the May 1, 2003, I was playing in the garage of my old house with my scooter. I was moving at high speed, I get velocity; I was going too fast that I was unable to stop the scooter. I was going in the direction of the door and could not stop. I entered in panic; I put my hands to stop in the door, for my bad luck put the arm in a glass. As he had great speed, broke the glass and cut my forearm and arm, the cut more alarming was the arm. I had a cut of about 15 cm long and the depth was great, could see the bone and the layers of flesh, muscle and fat. Get comfortable with my mom, I did not know the extent of my injury, I was just looking out of her blood. Thank God that day had come to visit my uncles. My mom screamed and went to get a piece of clothing to apply a tourniquet. My mom entered in a shock state because of that, my uncle took the lead to take me to hospital. I remember we were on the car and my mom told me that I did not sleep, I made a great effort to stay awake, he was weak but do not let me win. Finally we arrived at the emergency hospital and between one to the operating room. When I woke my mom told me that the doctor mentioned that if I had cut a few millimeters to the left would have cut the main vein that carries blood to the hand. Also she told me that the doctors had said that if I had slept in a coma could be due to loss of blood. I left finally learning that must never be defeated under any circumstances.We have to learn from defeat when we lose, but always battle for the win.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario